Can you make a living out of your artwork? The answer to this question is YES!
Maybe you’ve heard this term, called Surface Pattern Design, or came across it while scrolling through some of the creative Instagram accounts. If not, what is Surface Pattern Design?
As the name suggests, Pattern Design is any style of artwork such as textures, illustrations, calligraphy, scribbles made by an artist or a designer to apply on the surface of any product. A classic example would be making prints on fabrics, gift cards, scrapbooks, floor coverings, wall art, home décor, and editorial. But, did you know? You don’t have to be a pro artist to start Designing prints.
When you study Surface Pattern Design with us, we help you start from scratch to master the skills required for the industry. This intermediate course is full of comprehensive tutorials and impactful video lessons teaching you how to create seamless patterns in Adobe Illustrator.
If you desire to make a career out of your creativity, we assure you this course is worth exploring.
By the end of this course, you will have
- complete understanding of Surface Pattern Design
- Mastered Adobe Illustrator tools like a boss
- Expertly Learned to develop prints from sketch to screen, using Illustrator
- Mastered idea of design collection
- Developed a Series of Print and Textures
Why Choose this course at Atisha Design School?
We are the pioneers. Atisha Design school is the first one to initiate surface pattern design courses in and around India.
We have a great alumni network who have established themselves as designers in the industry.
Our courses are created by our mentor; Shafaq Siddiqui a self-established textile designer who has worked for famous labels and brands. To name a few: Flipkart, Luxe walls Australia, Aditya Birla group, Payal Singhal, Label D, Jayanti Reddy label, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Materials are needed to do this course?
- Please be sure you have Adobe Illustrator for the desktop/laptop to follow along. In terms of materials, you can experiment with any art supplies of your choice, like brushes, pens, pencils, or markers.
How Long do I have access to these recorded sessions?
- You will have access to our recorded lessons and videos for 1 year, starting from the time of your subscription date.
Do I need to Know how to use Adobe Illustrator in order to do the course?
- It is not mandatory to know Adobe Illustrator in advance. We will train you from scratch.
Do I need to be a pro in sketching?
- No you need not to! Surface Pattern Design is all about exploration and you can make prints out of doodles and scribbles too.
The World of Surface Pattern Design
Surface Pattern Design Terminologies
Mastering the software Adobe Illustrator
Essential Tools and Implementation
Inspiration and colour palette
Developing Seamless Repeats Pattern (Basic and Complex)
Mockup and Display